- Taipans Focus On First Win
- Bevo Is Glad The Hawks Lost
- Powell “I do know a lot of really good players come from Australia”
- Shawn Redhage 350 Games [Photos]
- Sydney Kings Sign Josh Powell
- Bennie Lewis Returns To Melbourne
- Lemanis Happy With Brisbane Crowd
- Cadee Stays In Sydney
- AJ Ogilvy Re-signs With Hawks
- Sydney Kings Sign MVP Lisch
Kings keep Crocs winless
- Updated: October 26, 2012
Ben Madgen and Aaron Bruce lead the Kings to their first road win of the 2012-13 season after they downed the Townsville Crocs in Townsville 92-87.
Townsville looked unmotivated for most of the game, especially on defense where they let Corin Henry get to the lane almost at will. Sydney pulled away in the second half and late in the game their lead was blown out to 18 points until Gary Ervin knocked down some late free throws, followed by a steal, Ervin then found Peter Crawford who hit a 3 to bring the game to within five. Young gun Mitch Norton then stole the ball, made the layup and was fouled. This brought Townsville to within three.
Townsville had another chance at the buzzer to tie the game but a fumble was picked up by Tommy Garlepp who went coast to coast for the last second layup.
Madgen had his second straight 20+ scoring game as he dropped 23 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists whilst shooting the ball at 47% from the field. He was helped by Aaron Bruce who finished the night with a career high 25 points, shooting 77% from the field.
Corin Henry bounced back from a terrible game against the Cairns Taipans finishing the game with 18 points. But he was knocked down after going for a rebound late in the game, falling onto his knee, he was helped off the court and did not return to the game. His current status is unknown.
Gary Ervin had a quiet 16 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds as the Crocs, but was kept quiet for most of the game. Ben Allen helped out with 14 points and 6 rebounds.
Townsville now sit on the bottom of the ladder at 0-5, a position they share with the Melbourne Tigers as the only two teas winless so far this season, making it very hard tall mountain to climb to make get back into the playoff race. And it doesn’t get any easier for the Crocs as they will suit up against the Cairns Taipans in their next game.
Points – 25, A. Bruce
Rebounds – 8, Multiple
Assists – 5, B. Madgen, G. Ervin
Steals – 1, Multiple
Blocks – 2, B. Allen, T. Garlepp
Nat Where You At
Latest posts by Nat Where You At (see all)
- Taipans Focus On First Win - October 19, 2016
- Bevo Is Glad The Hawks Lost - October 13, 2016
- Powell “I do know a lot of really good players come from Australia” - October 11, 2016