- Farrakhan Leads Melbourne Past Champs
- Agent Orange: We are the best 38-minute team in the league
- MVP Rankings
- Surprises & Disappointments So Far
- Agent Orange “We’re the Mayors of Struggletown”
- 36ers Outlast Hawks
- Top 5 Plays From Round 7
- Perth Smack Sydney
- Hawks Come Up Big In The Clutch
- Agent Orange: Why does Chris Goulding hate us?
Wildcats wary of Hawks duo
- Updated: October 31, 2012
Perth are well aware of what Wollongong is capable of, both teams have faced off against each other a number of times over the past few seasons, including the 2010 NBL grand final series. Both teams have kept most of their rosters intact over the past few seasons, but this year Wollongong have recruited an all-American back court to join Rhys Martin, and it is paying off so far with the Hawks jumping out to a 4-0 start.
Greg Hire is well aware of the duo and is wary of them going into the match, as he told Chris Robinson of the Herald Sun about Lance Hurdle and Adris Deleon:
He’s quick, (Hurdle) He’s definitely one of the fastest guys… he might be the Usain Bolt of the league. Deleon’s exciting and he can take over games like we saw against Adelaide, and then (they’ve) got Rhys Martin behind them as well. So it’s going to be a tough job for the guards. – Greg Hire
Oscar Forman hopes that the Wildcats road trip will also throw off the Perth back court, as he told the Illawarra Mercury today:
They’ve been on the road a lot, it’s their fourth game on the road, so hopefully that’s going to get to their legs a little bit – Oscar Forman
Adris Deleon has played well against the Wildcats back court, something not many guards can boast in the NBL. In 6 career games against Perth Adris has averaged 19ppg, 4.5apg, 4.1rpg and 1.5spg. Including his second NBL game when he scored 21 points, 8 assists and 5 rebounds on the way to a Gold Coast Blaze win.
Nat Where You At
Latest posts by Nat Where You At (see all)
- Farrakhan Leads Melbourne Past Champs - December 8, 2013
- Hawks Upset Kings - December 7, 2013
- Agent Orange: We are the best 38-minute team in the league - December 7, 2013