- Top 15 All-Time Taipans Players
- Taipans Send Hawks To 10th Straight Loss
- Agent Orange: Tight-Panted Sentinels Of Officialdom
- Childress, Cadee & The Kings Take Down Cairns
- Breakers Slug Out The Win
- Poll: All-Time Top 15 Taipans Players
- United Upset Taipans
- Power Rankings: Taipans Still The Best
- Lord Chillington Puts Up A Game For The Ages
- Kings Ready For A Big Showing Against Adelaide
Vukona edges out Madgen as Breakers beat the Kings
- Updated: November 2, 2012
The Breakers lead most of the game thanks to the stellar play of Cedric Jackson and Alex Pledger, but it was Mika Vukona who was the hero on this night. With the game tied at 76 in the dying seconds Cedric Jackson drove and dished it out to a wide open Mika Vukona who hit the corner three for the win.
Sydney came back with a Ben Madgen shot at the buzzer as he was fading out of bounds but it wasn’t to be and the Kings dropped their first game of their double header.
After trailing most of the game Sydney fought their way back, riding Ben Madgen’s back who finished the game with a career high and league high for the season, 30 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds. Aaron Bruce also continued his great this year with 14 points and 4 rebounds. Shooting the ball at 67% from the field.
For the Breakers, Cedric Jackson put up player of the week type numbers with 22 points, 7 assists, 7 rebounds and 4 steals for the Breakers. He was helped by Alex Pledger who finished the game with 16 points, 10 rebounds, 1 steal and 3 blocks, including a monster block on Darnell Lazare in the final minutes of the game. Sending the ball into the stands!
Meanwhile Thomas Abercrombie was kept scoreless for the game going 0-4 from the field including a missed alley from Cedric Jackson. For the Kings Daniel Joyce saw his first minutes since returning to the NBL, he played over 4 minutes and finished with 0 points and 1 rebound.
Sydney will try to bound back on Sunday when they play the Adelaide 36ers.
Points – 30, B. Madgen
Rebounds – 10, A. Pledger
Assists – 7, C. Jackson
Blocks – 3, A. Pledger, D. Lazare
Steals – 4, C. Jackson
Nat Where You At
Latest posts by Nat Where You At (see all)
- Top 15 All-Time Taipans Players - November 22, 2014
- Taipans Send Hawks To 10th Straight Loss - November 22, 2014
- Agent Orange: Tight-Panted Sentinels Of Officialdom - November 21, 2014