- NBL Sunday: United Win In OT, Taipans Stay Strong At Home
- Agent Orange: Triggernometry Is Real, Ladies And Gentlemen
- NBL Friday: Breakers, United & 36ers Pull Out Wins
- Kings Snap Their Wildcats Losing Streak
- Mid-Season Awards Race
- Power Rankings: 36ers Falling Out Of Contention
- Hawks Overcome A MVP Game From Childress
- Agent Orange: Eddie, Lock In Win Number 6 In A Row
- Kings Top The Breakers
- Agent Orange: They Might Have Ginger Jesus Luke Schencher
Rhys Martin out for the season
- Updated: January 13, 2013
The Wollongong Hawks have been dealt a major blow after it was announced today that point guard Rhys Martin, will miss the remainder of the season due to a torn ACL.
Martin went down during the first half of the game against the Taipans on Friday night and did not return. He had further tests over the weekend and it was revealed he had torn his ACL.
The Hawks posted this on Facebook:
Hawks guard Rhys Martin will be out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL. Recovery time is a minimum 6-9 months. Rhys is a fighter and will come back bigger and better after this knee injury.
Despite not actually being selected to the All-Star game (somehow!), Martin was having an All-Star type season averaging a shade under 12 ppg, 3.3 apg and 1.1 spg. Rhys was also having his best shooting season, setting career highs in field goal percentage and three point percentage.
Just the week before Martin had his career high with 28 points against the NZ Breakers.
Wollongong are also waiting for further results on Lance Hurdle’s status, early reports say he sprained his knee.
It is currently unknown if Wollongong will sign a replacement for Rhys for the remainder of the season.
Nat Where You At
Latest posts by Nat Where You At (see all)
- NBL Sunday: United Win In OT, Taipans Stay Strong At Home - December 21, 2014
- Agent Orange: Triggernometry Is Real, Ladies And Gentlemen - December 20, 2014
- NBL Friday: Breakers, United & 36ers Pull Out Wins - December 19, 2014